
Luke had to pass two tests before we could leave: one for jaundice, and the other was called the Car Seat Challenge. Luke's jaundice was not serious enough to keep him any extra days. We still need to take him in for another blood test today, though.

As for the Car Seat Challenge, Luke had to sit in our car seat for 90 minutes without his heart rate or oxygen supply going down (small babies sometimes lean forward in car seats and cut off their own airway). We thought it was a dumb test since we live five minutes from the hospital, but whatever. He passed it like a champ. Plus he had a competitor - another small baby took the test side by side with him. I wish I had gotten a picture of the two of them "racing".

Anyway, we are home now. The doctor says we have to be careful about too many visitors right now since Luke is such a small guy. Once he gets a little meat on his bones he'll be more resistant to germs...but grandparents are germ-free and can visit whenever they want. (Thanks for helping last night, Grandpa and Grandma Talmadge!)
Thanks to all of you who were praying on Monday. We were scared but God provided strength for us and for Luke. Please continue to pray for Luke's health and Gretchen's speedy recovery. Thanks in advance!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. (Psalm 28:7)
3 comments:
Glad you're home safetly after passing all the necessary tests!
What a champ! Let me know when he is able to meet Great Aunts, I'm germ free too.
Love you
>^..^<
So glad you are back home now. I came down with a nasty cold, so we won't be showing up this weekend. Maybe we'll get to meet Luke next weekend. Jonah will be very interested in a new baby cousin...
Post a Comment